There are so many benefits to recycling, but we often don’t think about the unsanitary part of the recycling industry. What many people don’t realize is that recycled materials have the potential to let off toxic gases and fumes.
Recyclable items may consist of solid waste and other types of unsanitary debris. These materials are typically mixed with water, which can then lead to toxification. In addition, processes like hot-melt granulation of waste plastics emit fumes and potentially dangerous chemicals and emissions such as hydrochloric acid, sulfur dioxide, dioxins, furans, heavy metals, and particulates. These emissions are known to cause respiratory problems and can potentially cause cancer—things that no employer wants for their employees down the line.
Having a proper exhaust system in your facility does more than just remove harmful gases and fumes. An exhaust system from Harvey Industries helps:
- Foster a safer, cleaner working environment.
- Keep your employees healthy.
- Protect equipment
- Stay on track with production goals because of reduced disturbances.
Custom Exhaust Systems to Meet the Needs of Your Recycling Facility
Why Harvey Industries?
- Longevity – We’ve been the best in the business since 1946.
- Durability – Heavy duty equipment lasts far longer.
- Service – Extensive distribution network means easy access to service.
- Diversity – Comprehensive product options, plus every system custom-built.
Contact Harvey Industries
The Harvey team is a dedicated sales force to help you with specifications, layouts, project estimates or engineering assistance. We urge you to contact the factory or any of the field sales organizations throughout the United States to get started on a custom exhaust system for your recycling center.